Tuesday 6 February, 2007

Moving in

Whew! Here I am finally.

An avid blog reader for about 2 years now, I've been planning to start my own for ages. Well, as so many of my other 'projects', this too had 'starting trouble'. Choosing a blog site, finding a name that the zillion other bloggers have spared for me, selecting the template -- the chores kind of reminded me of shifting residence.

The biggest block, come to think of it, was inhibition. Would I be able to key in something that someone in some nook of the planet would find vaguely readable? A link I once came across during a blog-exploration event -- "The World's Dullest Blog" or some such -- settled the question for me. If a pro-claimed dull(est) blog can be actually read and recognized, chances are mine may scrape through.

Then popped the next question -- what do I write about? Cooking? My fav subject, but I don't own a digital camera, so a full-fledged food blog is ruled out. Parenting? My kids are decent but not exemplary. Journalism? That's my profession but I doubt if I'll be able to contribute much there.

So I shall put out a mixture. I will write on just anything that catches my fancy. At least, the rotten tomatoes will physically not reach me!!

No comments: